Here are some thoughts
- There were a lot of layoffs in oil and gas but these layoffs are slowing.
- There was significant impact of rising dollar, but lately, the strength in dollar has reversed.
- Bad weather contributed to the ugly number but the bad weather is behind us.
- The number is significantly below the recent strong job growth of about 200K per month.
- The number is inline with very long-term average job growth per month.
- There are some indications that the U. S. may be close to full employment for practical purposes.
- This is a lagging indicator.