Russia warned that U.S. cruise missile strikes on a Syrian air base could have “extremely serious” consequences, as President Donald Trump’s first major foray into a foreign conflict opened up a rift between Moscow and Washington.
Early this morning
- Stocks: none in the long-term. DJIA futures fell over 100 points on the news and then went on to gain all of it back.
- Gold: very mild positive in the long-term. Gold futures spiked over $1271, only to fall back to about $1264.
- Oil: very mild positive in the long-term. Oil futures spiked on the news but has given up most of its gains.
- Bonds: none in the long-term. Bonds spiked up on the news and are holding most of the gains.
- Yen: none in the long-term. Yen spiked up on the news but has given up most of its gains.