The Nasdaq rose, powered by a spate of strong earnings from technology companies, while the S&P 500 and the Dow were little changed. The euro dipped against the dollar after European Central Bank Chief Mario Draghi stressed on the barriers the ECB still faces before it could tighten its monetary policy. Treasuries rose in the face of doubts about President Donald Trump’s unimpressive tax plan while gold was slightly higher.
- Google parent Alphabet’s revenue rises 22.2 percent
- Microsoft’s quarterly profit rises 27.8 percent
- Ford profit beats estimates; maintains 2017 profit outlook
- Intel’s quarterly profit rises 45 percent
- Amazon’s first quarter profit rises 41 percent